Friday 8 February 2013

Super Saturday Other Meetings


I like the look of a couple of horses at Uttoxeter and the first is One More Cookie who is over fences off a lowly mark of 105. She’s no world beater but is by Old Vic so 3m in soft ground should be right up her street and she should be up to defying a mark like this. Barrakilla is the 2nd horse I like on the card as I simply think he’ll turn out far better than these. He’d probably prefer better ground but may have the class to win anyway. The final horse I like is my strongest fancy at the course and that is Kim Bailey’s Ballywatt, a horse I have put up twice before and narrowly been beaten on both occasions! Kim has since said in his (excellent) blog that he has been running the horse over the wrong trip and that the drop to 2m (seen today) should see him winning races.

 

Over at Warwick the first thing to note is that AP McCoy is there and not Newbury. With that in mind I quite like the look of Open Day who finished 2nd behind the progressive Dark Lover at Cheltenham last time out. He was beaten a fair way in the end but that could be due to the heavy ground that day and this better ground could help enhance his claims as I think he’ll turn better than his current mark of 119 would suggest. AP also has strong claims aboard Ma Filleule who looks like she’ll be winning sooner rather than later, but Fago is the French recruit I find most interesting on the card and although he won’t be a backable price, he could be a very very good horse and should enhance his Arkle claims by taking this trial. Young Hurricane wouldn’t be a strong fancy but could improve for slightly better ground and is on a low mark, whilst my final interest at the Midlands track is Vice Et Vertu who Choc Thornton rides for Henry Daly when his boss Alan King also has one in the race. I know nothing about the horse bar that, and that he’s by Network, another French sire of note (sire to a certain Simonsig).

 

The final “outside” card is Leopardstown where I hope both Champagne Fever and Boston Bob can win their respective races. The former had a lung infection when flopping last time, but whether he goes for the Supreme or Neptune (his owner also has the current favourite for that contest), I’d like to see him winning again as he’s a horse I rate highly. Boston Bob should improve for better ground and hopefully he’ll take this en route to the RSA, a race I think he’d have major claims in should Cheltenham also dry out nearer March. The final horse of note is Old Kilcash who amassed around £300k at the sales. He didn’t win on his first start for connections but will no doubt be winning soon enough and with improvement likely on that run, the form also looks ok as Moyle Park won the race, so he could be worth being on in the lucky last across the Irish Sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment