Tuesday 27 November 2012

Welcome to Kingofthejumps!

As some of you may have guessed, this blog will have a strong focus on jump racing, more accurately known as National Hunt racing. Whether spending a wet, windy, November afternoon at Ludlow (like yesterday!); a hot, sunny, July evening at Worcester (if we're lucky!); or an afternoon enjoying top class racing at one of the country's powerhouse courses such as Cheltenham, Ascot, Newbury or Sandown - I enjoy nothing more than a day at the races! The aim of this blog will be to discuss a variety of topics, including current issues involving the world of jump racing, my visits to courses and (it goes without saying!) previews and reviews of races and meetings across the country.

3 years ago I knew nothing about horse racing (some may argue that is still the case!), but have since caught the racing "bug" and now can't get enough of it! This has resulted in attending meetings as often as time/money allows, obsessively reading racing material and form, joining a Racing Club to gain an affordable racehorse ownership experience, and commenting in numerous social media forums on the sport. As with any racing fan we all love to win a few quid, but for me the greater satisfaction is gained in correctly judging how a race will pan out or by identifying a horse to follow and later seeing it flourish, and if a few quid comes my way at the finish that's a bonus! Very often I'll spend a long time analysing the form and decide not to punt, and have found that deciding between when to have a bet and when not to have a bet is often the hardest decision of all.

My blog articles will vary in topic, but will have a tendency to be weighing up races and highlighting horses I feel are worth following whether that be in a race they are soon to contest, or simply in the future when they are faced with their ideal racing conditions (often relating to the race distance, state of the ground, type of course they seem to go best around etc).

As with most sports, horse racing is a game of opinions. Therefore I don't expect people to agree with all I say, in fact I often prefer when they don't as the ensuing debate is what I feel makes the sport as interesting and enjoyable as it is! So feel free to get in touch at kingofthejumps@gmail.com and follow/tweet me @kingofthejumps if ever you have an opinion or question regarding anything I post, or indeed anything remotely racing-related. Most importantly, I hope you enjoy reading as much as I'm sure I'll enjoy writing!

Happy days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment